“The Blade of Absolution” update! ⚔
With ten days left on the beta read for “The Blade of Absolution” ⚔, I wanted to post a little update on here and thank the beta readers for the feedback they’ve given me so far. So… THANK YOU! 🙌
The feedback so far has been overwhelmingly positive, but that’s not to say that there aren’t any areas where I can improve the story. I’m making a little plan with the comments received and I’ll making some changes to the manuscript over the coming weeks. I don’t think any of these changes are huge, but one of them has got the little creative cogs in my brain turning… and now I may end up writing a short story somewhere down the line. I think my brain just enjoys giving me projects! But, before that I need to ‘kill some darlings’. Anyone else find it really therapeutic to cut sections out of their manuscript? Or is everyone else normal?
I’ve been chipping away at this story for well over a year now (which is a long time for me, I usually knock out books like they’re going out of fashion) and I think the long process had led to me losing confidence in both the story and my writing. My team of beta readers has made me feel a lot better and now I’m back to being excited about sharing this story, characters, magic system, and world with you all again. I hope it doesn’t sound like I’m blowing my own trumpet, but I really love the characters in this book. I feel like I know them. And, if you’ve read “Everfrost”, you’ll be pleased to know that HERO IS BACK! 🐗
If you’re currently in the middle of the beta read (and I know there are a couple of you), please get in touch if you would like access after the 30th April.
Until next time…
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Mastodon (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)